We love cheese at Ocello, and especially Italian Slow Food Cheeses that we select and import ourselves. We were thrilled to be able to join the Italian Food Festival on Sunday 26th August 2018 and more to showcase on Channel 7 some of our unique artisan Cheeses. Check out the video of Carmelo Ocello talking about our exclusive Pecorino di Farindola.
Four 4 peoples
– 4 Glasses of White Wine
– 800gr of grated cheese – 400gr of Emmental & 400gr of Beaufort
– 1 Garlic clove
– 1 Glasse of Kirsch
– Nutmeg and pepper
– Sourdough bread cut in cubes
– Rub the Fondue Pot with the garlic clove cut in half
– Add the white wine and cook on the stove until the wine start to froth
– Add the cheese and stir non-stop with a wooden until all the cheese is melted.
– When the cheese to bubble add the kirsch and remove the fondue pot from the stove and place on the fondue burner
– Enjoy !!
Need a Fondue Pot ? Check our extensive range online
Tip: if the preparation is too runny, dilute a teaspoon of cornflour with cold water, add to the melted cheese and cook until the preparation thicken.
Photo & Recipe courtesy to fromage beaufort