With Father’s Day less than a week away, browse our online store and receive dad’s favourites to your door by Friday !
Father’s Day Cheese Selection – $99.00 Order Now
- Mixed Milk Robiola – a soft, creamy cheese from Piedmont made with a blend of cow, sheep and goat’s milk
- Casatica – a unique buffalo milk brie style cheese, rich and fudgy
- Blu 61 – a soft cow milk blue vein cheese washed in Raboso wine and topped with sweet cherries
- Pecorino Sotto Il Noce – A traditional Tuscan pecorino washed in walnut Liqueur
- Piacentinu Ennese DOP, Slow Food – A flavoursome Pecorino with Saffron and whole Peppercorn
- Caciocavallo Barricato – a full-flavoured bitey cheese soaked in Aglianico wine
- Cheese tasting notes
- Gift Hamper Box $5 extra – please select your preference below from ‘Options”
NB: Online Orders need to placed by 4pm Wednesday 31st for delivery by Friday 2nd in Sydney. Instore pick up, please place your order by Friday 5pm for collection Saturday 3rd September via email email@example.com or call the store on 9357 7878 with credit card details
Cheese and Wine Nights :
If Dad loves his cheese and wines, spoil him with a seat to our next Cheese and Wine Night !!
- Tuesday 6th September – Italian Cheese – BOOK NOW
With Bastille Day only 2 weeks away, we’ve got the cheese sorted !!! Only the best have made our special Bastille Day cheese selection.
Available Now in-store and Online here
Bastille Day Cheese selection includes: $79.90
– 1 Mini Chevrot
– 250g Epoisses
– 150g Comte
– 150g Roquefort
– A Jar of Les Folies Fromages – Black Cherry with Liquorice Jam
– A 100g packet of Mario Fongo Mini Lingue Crispbread wholemeal
– Tasting notes
We’ve put together an exciting cheese lovers box and other treats for the perfect picnic this St Valentine’s Day ! Also check out our Cheeses selection and triple the love with some triple cream cheese.
Valentine’s Picnic Hamper for 2: $65.00
- Our Valentine’s Lover Box for 2
- Truffle brillat savarin – a creamy triple cream with truffle through
- English Cave aged Cheddar – a crumbly mature clothbound Cheddar
- Gorgonzola Dolce Latte – a light and sweet creamy blue
- Sliced prosciutto and salami
- 1 jar of cheese jam “Les Folies Fromagere”
- 1 packet of Mini Lingue “Mario Fongo”
- 2 Sweet treats
- 2 Sicilian flavoured drinks (Limonata, Chinotto and Aranciata)
All packed in a beautiful round wooden box – Cheeses are cut to approximately 80gr each and cured meat is sliced to approximately 150gr.
Orders are ONLY available for pick up at the store on Sunday 14th of February.
Put your order in today and enjoy a romantic day out with your loved one. To order please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store on 02 9357 7878 before Friday 12th of February 2pm.
NB: Cheese slates and cheese knives shown on the photo are not included in the hampers.
Our Favourites Cheeses to melt the heart of your loved one .
- Truffle Brillat Savarin – An indulgent triple cream with a layer of truffle in the middle.
- Robiola di Bufala – Sweet and creamy, surprise your loved one with an unusual soft cheese.
- Epoisse – For the lovers of sticky smelly cheese , our Epoisse is soft and ready.
- Beaufort – Sweet and nutty, the perfect hard cheese with a glass of bubbles.
- Ocelli al Barolo – Red wine lovers, this Italian mixed milk covered in Barolo grapes is a winner.
- Gorgonzola Dolce Latte – A sweet blue to pair with truffle honey .
It’s only 2 weeks to Christmas – can you believe it! Cross a couple of things off your to-do list with our pre-order form for Cheese Selections, Antipasti and Gift Hampers. You can arrange to pick-up from the store, or have your goodies delivered – just download the file, fill it in and email it back to us.
Ocello Christmas order form2015
With so many cheeses to choose from and the festive season fast approaching, getting it all organised can be a bit difficult … Our cheese selections, dry goods, gift hampers and other goodies are now at the tip of your finger. We have refreshed our website with a new vibrant design. To top things off, we are now offering Australia-wide cheese delivery!
We are chuffed to have been listed as one of the world’s most amazing cheese shops over on the UK Telegraph website. You can read the story here.
Ah autumn – that time of year when you try to soak up the last rays of summer sun, then move inside to enjoy your cheese and wine as the nights get cooler. Cheese-wise, it’s a great time to enjoy washed rinds; matured mountain cheeses from Europe made with summer milk in previous years; and locally-made, matured goat’s milk cheeses. Here are our ‘best of the best’ picks for the season:
According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2015 is The Year of the Sheep and we think it’s a fantastic opportunity to explore the delights of sheep’s milk cheeses. You may not know it, but you’ve probably already tried sheep milk cheese as some all-time classic cheeses are made using 100% sheep’s milk including Manchego, Pecorino, Roquefort and traditional Fetta. Sheep’s milk cheese has been around for thousands of years – in fact, it’s likely that sheep’s milk was used to make some of the first ever cheeses, as sheep were domesticated before goats and cows.